Lesson 4—Connect Github and Netlify
In this section, we will learn:
What is Github?
- Git is a version control software.
- We can track all changes and refer to any range of changes in history.
- Github is an online warehouse to store Git code repository.
- Github is also an online collaboration platform to work on the repo.
- Github is also a community for developers to discover new code repo.
- Github provides online editor for us to make quick changes.
Benefits of connecting Github and Netlify
By connecting Netlify with Github account, we can create continous deployment. Whenever the Github repository get updated, Netlify deploys the website automatically.
Demonstration on connecting Github and Netlify
Here is a video demonstrating the connection.
Further deployment setting
Which branch to trigger deployment?
What command to run to build the site outputs?
Which output folder to use?
We don’t need these configurations right now. It is simply a single file. We will need to configure this when we use static site generator in later lesson.