Lesson 3—Hosting static site with Netlify
In this lesson, we try to deploy a simple one-page web page on Netlify by dragging the folder onto the deployment area.In this section, we will learn:
Drag-n-drop to deploy
We can deploy static website as easy as by dragging the folder into Netlify.
Here is a short video demonstrating this.
Going beyond static
We can go beyond static by adding the following technologies:
- Git commits for continuous deployment.
- Form submissions via server-side helpers.
- Dynamic server-side logic via lambda functions.
- Video promotion
- Minimal personal website
- Quick hosting of presentation materials.
- Web books.
- mak.la Short URL redirection
We will learn more on enhancing static one-page website with more functionalities in later lessons.